This weeks class was about showing 3 pieces of final art from our Cinderella story.
I spent the time I had this week reworking the scale of the characters and changing their interaction.
I started the final art for one image, but I didn't get any of them done in time for class.
So I pinned up the tight roughs for the three pieces and the partial final art piece.
We went around the room and did a critique on each persons art.
It was really interesting to see the different approaches taken to the work.
Here are the tight roughs I put up.
This one is where the Evil Step Mummy is telling Cinderellastein how much work she has to do.
This one is where she is told she can't go to the Monster Mash.
This one is where her Fairey God Monster changes herclothes and turns her broom into her mode of transportation to the Monster Mash.
This is the finished line art for the Second image.
I finished it today.
I wanted the Evil Step Mummy to be very overpowering. That's why she is forcing Cinderellastein into the bottom right corner and not centered in the image.
I chose to do this one first so that I could work out how I was going to treat the Evil Step Mummy. And how much contrast the image was going to have.
After the critiqueing of everyones art we were given our next assignment.
To do the art for the manuscript of an emergent reader.
I'll need to do the line art for the two remaining Cinderellastein images and the roughs for the new assignment by this coming Thursday.
I should be able to do it this week.
How to Create a Mistletoe Icon
5 days ago